Things To Consider When Planning A Commercial Fit Out
As a Geelong commercial electrician working locally and along the Surf Coast, I have many clients contact me to ask what they need to consider when planning a commercial electrical fit out. Whether it’s for small or large business, retail shops, restaurants, factories, offices, schools, medical centres, aged care, child care or warehouses, it’s vital to use the services of a qualified commercial electrician. Our company has been working in the Geelong and Surf Coast commercial industry for more than 20 years and our qualified commercial electricians have the knowledge, experience and expertise for all types of business. So to make this less daunting for you, we have written a list of the main points to be aware of when planning a successful commercial fit out.
- Electrical Planning Process – Before you begin your electrical fit out, our Geelong team of commercial electricians can discuss, plan and design with you your full electrical requirements. Our electricians can visit your business to assess your space, power requirements, the needs of you, your employees and clients and also discuss how to make your lighting more effective and efficient. This process will save you time and money, as you are assured your commercial building functions successfully once you are up and running.
- Power Points/Upgrades – During the planning process our commercial electricians will be aware of your electrical needs and can discuss where to locate your power points and how many you require. You may also consider installing safety switches to improve surge protection and safety in your business. If you have purchased an older building, or are renovating, our electrical team can also provide power upgrades, rewiring and installation of new switchboards.
- Type of Lighting – The type of lighting you require will depend on you individual requirements and the “look and feel” of your business. Your options can include LED energy efficient lighting, high intensity lighting, halogen lighting, solar powered lighting, fluorescent lighting, pendant lighting, down lights to name a few. Our commercial electricians can recommend the most practical and economical lighting for your business.
- Voice and Data Network – Depending on your commercial needs, our team at Surfcoast Electrics can plan and install your voice, data cabling and network requirements. We can suggest the right type of network installations for your workstations and plan and install your phone systems electrical cabling.
- Audio System – You may need a sound system to play music throughout your building, but you may also need to make announcements in your business such as in a cafe, restaurant, school, hospital. Our commercial electricians can work with you to install a practical and safe audio solution that will suit you requirements.
- Security – With crime rates increasing around Geelong and the Surf Coast, it is vital to install security measures. Our commercial electricians are experts in advising you of the right security lighting, such as sensor lights, installation of security cameras, CCTV surveillance and intercom systems, so you know who is in or around your building at all times.
- Exit and Emergency Lighting – Building owners are responsible for the building Essential Safety Measures. For more information please refer to the Victorian Building Authority at http://www.vba.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/24869/Essential-Safety-Measures.pdf. Our commercial team can install the appropriate exit and emergency lighting and fire control systems to meet your building requirements.
- Test and Tagging – Our commercial electricians provide electrical maintenance in Geelong and the surrounding areas, including testing and tagging of your electrical appliances. Test and tagging are essential to make sure your appliances are always safe.
Your commercial electrical fit out does not have to be a stressful event for you. So if you live in Geelong or along the Surf Coast, please call our team at Surfcoast Electrics on 0418 319 579 and let our commercial electricians share their knowledge and expertise with you.